This site, “www.kiyawamu.lk” is owned and operated by Sri Lanka Telecom PLC (SLT),your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. We want to make your experience online satisfying and safe.
We collect certain types of information about our users and hence you should understand our policy and the terms and conditions pertaining to the use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we collect and how we use it.
The information we learn from customers helps us to personalize and continually improve our Service. Given below are the types of information we gather.
- Information Given to Us by You: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can decide not to make available certain information, however unavailability of such information might stop you from taking advantage of some of our features. The information provided by you shall be used for purposes such as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store some types of information whenever you interact with us. We use "cookies" to tract your movements on www.kiyawamu.lk when your Web browser accesses “www.kiyawamu.lk or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of “www.kiyawamu.lk on other Web sites which will enable us to cater your requirements.
- Mobile: When apps created by SLT is being downloaded or used by you , there is a possibility that we receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Your mobile device may allow you to turn off location services.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from “www.kiyawamu.lk if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list with lists received from other companies, to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences .
- Information from Other Sources: The information we receive about you from other sources will be added to our account information.
- Using Cookies
- We will be transferring cookies, the unique identifiers, to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide features such as online purchasing, Recommended for You, personalized advertisements on other Web sites, and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
- The Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to stop your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. You can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the Web site of its manufacturer. As the cookies allow you to take advantage of some of “www.kiyawamu.lk's essential features, we recommend you to have them turned on. Because if you block or reject our cookies, you will not be able to add items to your Shopping Cart, proceed to Checkout, or use any “www.kiyawamu.lk products and services that require you to Sign in.
Sharing information received by “www.kiyawamu.lk
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we shall not sell it to others. Sharing of customer information shall be only as described below.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service are some of the examples. Those companies are allowed access to your personal information on need to know basis to perform their functions.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of “www.kiyawamu.lk customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. You can adjust your Customer Communication Preferences to stop receiving such offers, if required .
- Your Consent: Other than as set out above, You will receive notices when information about you is divulged to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Security of your Information
- The security of your information is protected during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- Only the last four digits of your credit card numbers will be revealed when an order is being confirmed. However the entire credit card number will be revealed to the applicable credit card company during order processing.
- It is your duty to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. If you are using a shared computer you should make sure that you sign off when you finish using the computer.
Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site includes third-party advertising and links to other Web sites. However we will not be liable for any losses or damages caused to you by using such links or web sites.
The Information that I can Access?
“www.kiyawamu.lk gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with “www.kiyawamu.lk for the purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
- You have the option of choosing whether to provide information or not, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such “www.kiyawamu.lk features.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the Which Information Can I Access?[S2] section. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences . (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of “www.kiyawamu.lk, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
- If you do not want us to use personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalize advertisements we display to you, please adjust your Advertising Preferences .
Are Children Allowed to Use “www.kiyawamu.lk?
“www.kiyawamu.lk does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use “www.kiyawamu.lk only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit “www.kiyawamu.lk, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of Sri Lanka. If you have any concern about privacy at “www.kiyawamu.lk, please contact us, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide information when you search for a product; place an order through “www.kiyawamu.lk or one of our third-party sellers; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us) or Your Profile ; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; e-mail addresses of your friends and other people; content of reviews and e-mails to us; and financial information.
Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device's settings menu.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services; search term and search result information from some searches, search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links).
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at “www.kiyawamu.lk include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and personalized advertising preferences, address book, and 1-Click settings); payment settings (including credit card information and promotional certificate and gift card balances); e-mail notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts, Delivers, and newsletters); Recommendations (including Recommended for You and Improve Your Recommendations); shopping lists Seller accounts; and Your Profile (including your product Reviews, Recommendations, Reminders, personal profile).